Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Wah Taj boliye

A mini-photo-blog of my mini tour of parts of North India (Agra, Delhi, Fatehpur Sikhri, Varanasi, Nalanda, Bodh Gaya) in Jan 2007. The ghats I visited in Benaras are the Kedar Ghat (which is so designed that the first ray of the sun from across the Ganges falls on the shrine of Kedarnath - a form of Lord Shiva) and Harishchandra Ghat (one of the two burning ghats amongst the 100 or more ghats in Benaras). It was too fascinating - Benaras that is. I was there on Shankaranti day; it happens to be one of the few days when there is a delicious variety of Malai sold there. Slurrrp! You bet I devoured that. More on that later.

Hope you like these:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely snaps Sir..so you are a photographer in addition to being a writer? :) What camera do you use? Any other talents Mr.Ripley? LOL. Aur kuch chupe khaas talents hain aapke?

Anonymous said...

Nice photography...keep it up. Happy New Year to you!!

Anand S said...

Swati, nah, no other talents. I write random things, photo-shoot random things. These two are bad enough in themselves. I croon sometimes. It is more like the werewolf crying. Shall try and post a recording someday :)

I have 3 cameras: The Canon EOS-3, Canon Rebel XT Digital and the medium format Mamiya RZ67 Pro II. With the non-digitals, I usually do slide film (Fuji Velvia 50/100).