Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Circle of Taste

A trip down memory lane : I found a list of my favorite movies from some eight years ago. Looking at it, I myself was startled out of my skin. In a quick moment of uncontrolled reflection, I could not help but marvel at my current movie taste.

Then:
Kagaz Ke Phool
Sholay
Pratidwandi (The Adversary) - Satyajit Ray
Shatranj Ke Khiladi
Agantuk
Apur Sansar
Suraj Ka Satwaan Ghoda
Mili
Muqaddar Ka Sikandar
Nayagan
Roja
Ek Din Achanak
Ijazat
Bada Din
Arth

Baap Re.

Gulp.

(...and there were others like Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron, Salim Langde Pe Mat Ro, Albert Pintoo Ko Gussa Kyon Aata Hai, Saath-Saath, Mrigaya, Lekin, Masoom, Elippathayam, Iruvar, Bombay, Raakh etc.)

Now:
Bheja Fry
Darwaza Bandh Rakho
Chupke Chupke
Do Aur Do Paanch
Golmaal
Angoor
Chhoti Si Baat
Naram Garam
Waisa Bhi Hota Hai (Part II)
Chini Kum
Hyderabad Blues
No Entry
Honeymoon Travels

Pure, sparkling laughter. Pure, blissful entertainment. Bas, aur kya.

Call it Evolution. Call it the birth of yet another moron. Call it Wah-Wah-Wah, call it whatever you please.

I refer to it as the Circle of Taste.

No comments: