Friday, December 21, 2007

F.Scott Fitzgerald

Here is to one of my favorite authors : Francis Scott Fitzgerald (September 24, 1896 – December 21, 1940), the great American Jazz Age author, novelist, short-story writer etc. Don't tell me you have not heard of The Great Gatsby. No offense meant, but I will not hide my surprise. I have benefited immensely from reading his works and was dazzled by his attention to detail, which makes any landscape or situation float live in front of the reader's eyes. His portrayal of human relationships was stunning to me, to say the least.

On the aside, if you have ever wondered how beautiful, easy, difficult, blessed or anything the relationship between two sisters could be and ever wanted to experience that through words, take a peek at F.Scott Fitzgerald's Bernice Bobs Her Hair. One of my all-time favorite short stories.

No comments: